Thursday 1 January 2015

Day 246 - Lamb & Mint

The New Year has started and so has the resolution - no mid-week drinking / no excuses!!!  I have tried this before and then cave in, no will-power!!  This time the only exception is if I'm on holiday, then I get a pass :-)  So friends don't try and tempt me, Mon-Thurs best to just leave me be and my mid-week companions will be 5:2 & LA!  But come Fridays, come find me please......


After the 2am finish, I woke up tired but no hangover - I have learnt finally to drink equal measures of water to Prosecco and you will wake up clear headed - but you do wee like a shire horse!!!


Still feeling bloated from the Horrill's fab meal last night that included a delicious seafood lasagne, banoffee pie and lots of bread and cheese, I headed off to Wadhurst.  Mum and Dad had suggested a walk to the Best Beech for lunch.....hadn't been there for years and reviews of late had not been positive.  But it has recently been taken over by a new family who are really friendly and welcoming.  The place looks great to, tasteful decor with nice touches like the teapot below.


Even though my ever-increasing stomach said NO, whenever I see a good old  pie on the special board I just cant resist - a Lamb & Mint homemade pie.....it just intrigued me and I just had to have it.  Oh my goodness it was delicious. 

So was the bread and butter pudding that tempted Mum.


So if you are in Wadhurst, pop into the Best Beech - it is back to its former glory!!

No comments:

Post a Comment