Tuesday 20 January 2015

Day 265 - A Day At KC

So here is a day in the life of Tree at Kerala Connections.

I always plan to leave home at 8:15 to beat the craziness of the Pembury Road traffic but usually I end up leaving late – caused by a variety of reasons…leisurely breakfast of scrambled eggs, catching up with Eastenders, OCD over electrics and oven or just not being able to crawl out of my pit when the alarm goes off!!


But I always arrive in time to make the morning coffee, no instant at KC but a proper posh cafetiere!  This morning we had a blend that came from a region in Kerala – and very smooth it was!
 
Off I go with the tray of drinks up two flights of stairs to the attic office and start up the computers and turn the phone on.  Shortly followed by Di and Trev who have to change out of their dog walking clothes…..but some mornings they decide against a change of wardrobe!! Their house, their rules...

30 emails today (pretty average) with a ratio of 60% customer emails and 40% utter crap – do I want a departure to Tashkent on the 3rd of February????...not this week, but thank you for the offer!!


It is now 10:00 and all the quotes have been sent to India for my agent to work on and all the annoying customer questions answered – relating to money, alcohol, collection details and mosquito nets!  But frustratingly most of this is explained in the client’s paperwork – READ YOUR DOCUMENTATION YOU WEIRDOS!!!!  Back shortly, I've drunk a pint of water and a coffee already…..

Just got off the phone to a dear old lady, wanting three weeks in South India with train travel – what she also needs is to stop over talking me and listen to my words of wisdom.  She has driven me to drink…off I go for the 11 o’clock coffee run!

Look at the obstacle I have to overcome with a full coffee tray!!!


I’ve got really weird clients today……a family with just 3 days to do the Golden Triangle…..give me strength!!!  Ok, if you wanna do it, crazy fools!!  Also some travel agent who is totally loopy, keeps ringing me with stupid questions, keep calm Tree…keep calm and breath.

Pretty busy today, already emailed three customer quotes off – and my inbox has still got four others to tidy up and send off but before that I need my salad and sun bites!!  Off down to the freezer…always quite fresh downstairs!

Lunch doesn’t alter much – Di & Trev at 12:30 and I often slope off at 13:45(ish) – no Starbucks or Nero for me but a comfy sofa, lunch on lap and catch-up TV!!

After lunches, Zigi gets a phone call from the neighbour Dorothy for his afternoon stroll – he always comes back muddy, luckily my job description doesn’t include cleaning Vallhunds!

On the cusp of 4pm – which means it is tea time…as we are not fasting I wonder if we will get some of Trevor’s delicious Christmas cake, I do hope so!!


Result……

This blog makes it sounds like I just drink and eat all day.......but amongst those moments I have been flat out, in my afternoon session I emailed 2 client quotes and 2 agents quotes - and all with just a few minutes to spare before the clock showed 5:30.  


Right I'm outta here - soup night at the Trees followed by Pilates!!  That's all from Horsmonden, night!


No comments:

Post a Comment