Saturday 1 November 2014

Day 185 - What I do for street art!!!

Drenched cap, soggy shoes and freezing fingers!!!


Today New York has dropped 10 degrees and rain has arrived...just in time for a 2 hour street art tour in Brooklyn!


I woke up in a right mood!!  The "compact but most definitely not bijou" bunk room has taken its toll - aching back and lack of sleep due to nightclub below and......rain!!!! But once nurofened up, and bagel consumed my mood lightened but the fecking sky hadn't!!! 


Off Lindsey and "miserable git" went to Brooklyn and met David our guide on a street corner in a light drizzle, for the next two hours we saw amazing street art in a very small area - such great stuff. But my hands and feet went numb, the rain got heavier, the wind picked up and my poor mobile was damp due to all the snaps I took. Luckily I left old big lens at the hotel.  But even with the harsh conditions we enjoyed the tour.


We got back to Manhattan and met the other damp two who had been down to the 9.11 Memorial.  Then we headed out for the last supper, well lunch - a trendy place called The Standard Grill - where I enjoyed a Turkey BLT with an avocado twist!  Talking of a twist, Solange and myself had a delicious cocktail called "Professor & Mary Ann" - Gin, Prosecco, strawberry flavouring and lime......so good, will try and recreate that at Jackwood!


We are now sitting in the dimly lit lobby of The Jane awaiting our cab to JFK, homeward bound....

#GMT40 has been a blast, thanks to all who made it such a wonderful experience xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment