Monday 10 November 2014

Day 194 - Garlic Breath

Sorry no photo of the finished curry from last night, as I won't lie it didn't have an appealing look!!  It was as though I had dished up baby food, all it needed was a rusk to accompany it!!

So the photos are of the preparation process!


It was two recipes from the cookbook by Miss Masala (aka Mallika Badu), an Indian cook and blogger.....humour, easy to follow recipes and tasty food! Really recommend the book or following her blog.

After a New York hilarious incident including an aubergine, I decided to try the Baingan Bharta....smoky roasted aubergine mash! As you can imagine it wasn't very sexy on the eye....a grey blob!!  But it didn't taste that bad.


It was accompanied by Keema Mattar, a spicy mince dish - I can handle my spices but this was a tad hot!! Maybe a chilli too far....and definitely a clove of garlic too far.....my mouth was like some open sewer all day!! But it was tasty, and it did get the approval of my dinner guests. 

2 comments:

  1. You make me hungry Gary ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done 197 posts and Marcin you are the first person to comment on my blog - thank you :-)

      Delete