Monday 3 November 2014

Day 188 - Walking off the weight!!

So I was convinced I had put on weight, went away 85kg....and by some miracle I have come back 83.5kg!!!!! Bizarre, but as Nat so rightly pointed out "We have literally walked our arses off"....

I suppose we did walk some miles.....the day the girls went Macy's shopping I wandered round lower Manhattan for the day!  Just google mapped my route and it was just over 11 miles. 

It was nice to see what they have done with the 9.11 memorial, a really subtle and moving area.  Lovely water features where the towers once stood, with all the names of the people lost in the tragedy displayed.


I then walked over the Brooklyn Bridge which I really enjoyed, great views back over the city's skyline and the Statue of Liberty.  


There was a group climbing the bridge, which looked thrilling but not very secure.....rather them than me!


After the trek over the bridge I was a tad hungry, so I popped into a nice restaurant in Greenwich called Red Bamboo and had a delicious mango chicken dish! When I left I noticed I had eaten in a vegan restaurant!  So that wasn't chicken....who would have known!!!?


Then I headed back to the hotel to meet the girls for the Halloween Extraganza!!

This piece of street art says it all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment