Thursday 2 April 2015

Day 337 - "Starmaker"

It all started with me looking for a song on Spotify that I had on 12" vinyl when I was a kid - "Starmaker" by the Kids from Fame...I wondered what it would sound like today....I can report that it is still as good and still great to sing along to:

"Star maker
Dream breaker
Soul taker
We're happy now"

Funny how after 32 years I can still remember the words....after that song it spiraled out of control, on a journey into the hidden vaults of Spotify...probably where no sane person would venture, I was almost lost in a two hour never-ending maze of cheese!!


The only thing for it - start a Spotify playlist aptly titled "Guilty Pleasures"....it wouldn't be complete without "Waiting For A Star To Fall" by Boy Meets Girl, Donna Summers "This Time I Know It's For Real" and "That's The Way It Is" by Mel & Kim.  The 78 track playlist is scarily........fabulous!!  There's Rick Astley, Yazz, Bucks Fizz, Bros.....and Fuzzbox!!  Yep, Fuzzbox....who remembers them??

Don't worry it has its fair share of credible artists - Eurythmics, Deacon Blue and Duran Duran.  But no Transvision Vamp, I detested that lead singer....

But Spotify no Sonia, no "I'd rather jack" and no "Too Many Broken Hearts".....what is wrong with you!!??

Actually on reflection....what is wrong with ME!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment