Wednesday 22 April 2015

Day 357 - Sunshine, Sea, Shorts & Shires Part 2

Part 2....

Before our meal we had a wander through the lanes, had a cheeky pint, spotted some street art and I bought some vintage orange shorts - quite understated and subtle don't you think!?  Bring on the Kerala beaches :-)


As I had booked us a table at the Vegetarian restaurant called Food For Friends, Melissa was a tad concerned that Emma's love of meat would be an issue!!!  But with a tasty cocktail in her hand made with gin, elderflower and prosecco (my god it was good!!) - Emma perused the menu and opted for the vegetable curry - and she loved it - even telling us she could be converted!!  It was a very good meal and this restaurant never fails to deliver - I opted for the roast potato gnocchi followed by a deconstructed passion fruit cheesecake....delicious!!  Two vegetarian meals, two days in a row - what is happening to me!!? 


After the meat free dinner we walked along to Concorde2, the venue for The Shires and got in the very small queue.  When the doors opened with serious intent I marched to the front of the stage and got my space...

John and Jacob opened for The Shires, and they were fab.  Two guys, reminiscent of the Everley Brothers with a Nashville twist - it was just them with guitars, a trumpet, a harmonica and fabulous vocals.


Then came the headliners - Crissie & Ben aka The Shires.  They were amazing, beautiful harmonies and I just love their songs!  They have a perfect mixture of toe tapping tunes and heartfelt ballads, their latest single called Statelines is beautiful!!  I really hope they get the recognition they deserve as they are sooooo good!!

Well there it is my day in the sea air with my two dear school friends and the lovely "Country Cathy"!!  Lets do it again soon chicks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment