Thursday 23 April 2015

Day 358 - "No Cote Required" Revisited

My parents never fail to surprise me.

The title of the blog refers to the fact that last night I was going to meet the parents for a bon voyage / early birthday meal at Cote (we are creatures of habit!!) - but without prompting Mum phoned and said "We want to change venue to that Thai place (Sucheera) we went to for your birthday, and I want what Sarah had - and we fancy a pre-meal drink in The Townhouse"

I wasn't going to argue as that sounded like a bloody good idea to me - so hence "No Cote Required" - that was the title of Day 43's blog, and where as last time I didn't need my coat while sitting outside of the restaurant, this time we actually really didn't need Cote!  And Ma it was a Pad Thai!!

So I was at the Townhouse just before 6 - beat the parents (miraculous!!) and sat down with a pleasant pint, the folks soon turned up and a nice hour was enjoyed before we headed off to Sucheera.


This photo opportunity had to be taken advantage of!!!

Prawn crackers, starter combo platter, Penang curries and a Pad Thai - all very delicious and washed down with a very reasonably priced Sauvignon Blanc!!

As my parents are usually at home and tucked up in bed by 8:30 I texted Nat to see if she fancied a little Wednesday drink after the meal at 8:15....Nat phoned and said yes and within 10 minutes she appeared (7:20).....only after she arrived like a whirling dervish amidst the mains being served did she realise that she hadn't read the time on my text.  But this is Nat, a breath of crazy fresh air and she was more than welcome - except that I had to share the Sauvignon with a 3rd person!!

Then we had a nightcap along Camden Road before my frustrating hiccups sent me to bed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment