Sunday 26 April 2015

Day 361 - A Joly good night!!!!

Funny old day, had plans to go for a photographic wander at Pashley but the weather put an end to that and that gym session I had planned never materialised!  Instead I have watched back to back TV programmes, but half way through BGT I decided I needed to get out the flat and go for a stroll...to a pub!!

So here I am blog writing from the new look P&P, very vintage looking - sipping a free G+T (gotta love a voucher!!!)....

So last night I went back to school!  As Keith's "Sir Dancealot" evening was at Uplands, my old school....my god it was weird to go back - so much has changed but some of it was like stepping back in time......and the boys loos are still as rancid as ever!!!  I would never have imagined when I left all those years ago that one day I would return and be strutting my stuff in the assembly hall.

So on my Dancefloor debut did I shine under the pressure or collapse in a confidence meltdown!!!?


With the help of a bottle of red wine called "Joly" I wasn't too shabby at all....a shout out to my great patient singing and humming dance partner Ms Jack and the encouraging support of the nice couple from the Monday dance classes (names!!?..)

We remembered quite a lot of the dance moves and managed to get round the floor several times, a few moments I actually felt I was dancing....a weird thing to say but it's when you get consumed by the music and are not thinking of the moves and just dance!!!  And we only had one collision....not bad!!!

Oh my word, imagine the excitement when "Can't Get You Out Of My Head" came on last night for the Cha Cha Cha....I was like an excitable puppy bounding across the hall!!! By this time I was a little bit Joly-ed...I must admit a little bit of red wine helped with my flow!!

A great night and a fabulous debut....Blackpool were comin' for ya!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment