Friday 2 May 2014

Day 2 - My crumble didn't crumble!!

Or Crumblegate as Natalie would like the post to be named!

We had friends down tonight for dinner and thought for desert you can't go wrong with a crumble!! Well, seriously how is it possible that crumble mix doesn't crumble? Even got Chavis in the kitchen to use her culinary skills (sniggers) and work the mixture......but no it stayed in a lump.  So just a few minutes before guests arrived I had no time to make another batch, so I slapped it on and shoved it in the oven!

 

But after my legendary red Thai prawn curry, yep - Mr Ramsay and Oliver watch out!! Which left the ladies wanting more! I reluctantly opened the oven and do you know what my ramekins of crumble looked OK.  
So I warmed my Ambrosia custard and served......Natalie's comment "taste wise was lovely but not enough crumble...however, the fruit was a sensation! So people don't judge your crumble by its cover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment