Saturday 24 May 2014

Day 24 - Waistcoats for midgets!

Woke up this morning thankfully still in bed - the hotel we stayed in had the narrowest twin beds I have ever seen - one over zealous roll could have ended in tears!!  But the G+T, bubbly and red wine combo did the job and I awoke where I collapsed....

After a corker of a fry-up, myself and Lindsey spent a few hours exploring the Brighton Lanes - the weather was a mixture of sunshine and torrential downpours - the heavy rain forced us into several second hand clothes shops where I started looking at waistcoats.  Poor Lindsey, I spent ages trying loads on - with no success!! Not one normal sized guy would be able to find a waistcoat in Brighton's second hand emporiums!

My picture today is of the happy couple - and is that a person in the background praying? Who is it!!?? The registrar praying for a long and healthy marriage, Natalie giving thanks that she didn't faint or did I somehow get there and pray that I didn't vomit with nerves during my speech!? 


If waiting for speech time wasn't nerve-racking enough with my imminent moment approaching Natalie suggested she get everyone's attention by bashing a glass with some Brighton Rock - the end result of that genius idea was a smashed glass!!  Then I stood up only to be delayed by an intruding wasp who started tormenting the Stone clan.  But I finally did it and overcame a huge confidence hurdle....

Great time had by all in Brighton!  Congrats you Brighton Belles.

No comments:

Post a Comment