Saturday 3 May 2014

Day 3 - A proper banger.....



BBQ season has begun and this bank holiday I have two!! 

So rather than a Tesco’s own sausage I fancied a proper butcher’s banger, so I decided to head to Fullers in Hawkenbury.  My Grandad used to work here and he loved it!!  The picture today shows Grandad on his 65th birthday and retirement bash merged with a shot I took today while standing in the queue.  I was there at 10:15 and I couldn’t believe how busy it was – the Hawkenbury natives must also be stocking up with BBQ meat! 



It was great to see the butchers so busy.  When I finally got inside I got a bit carried away – I left with a bag full of sausages, chicken and lamb kebabs and burgers….oh yes and a steak and kidney pie – which by the way I have just devoured and it was delicious!

I am sure that my blog tomorrow will review my meat choices!!  And by the way learning how to blend two photos together has taken me two hours!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment