Friday 8 August 2014

Day 100 - Celebrating with a cold bottle of Feldschlosschen!

It was Miss Scarlet with the spanner in the billiard room....wrong!  I failed in the Cluedo challenge and lost to the cunning brilliance of 8 year old Alec....he fed me a red herring and I fell for it!  It was the dining room.....next time Master Silvferberg I won't be so gullible!

My day began with a rude awakening at 4, and as I hadn't slept well - I felt rough!  It was still dark, I had garlic breath from Cote's mussels and my stomach felt like it was harbouring the "Alien!"

Thanks to Pa Tree's taxi for the early morning Gatwick run....desperate for a coffee I headed to Easyjet check-in...if my garlic breath wasn't bad enough the check in queue was ridiculous! So many people....I just wanted a coffee!  40 minutes later!

After my latte and granola I boarded the flight to Basle, surrounded by some loud uncouffe OAP's - thank the lord the flight was only 90 minutes and I had Pharrel's "Happy" to play on my I-pod to remain in a good place....it was touch and go!  

On arrival in Basle I was met by Eve and her kids Alec & Nia and we headed back to their pad in the nearby mountains!

Weather was beautiful so we had lunch on the patio, played that game of Cleudo and had a stunning walk in the surrounding countryside!


But by 5, I was back on the sun drenched decking celebrating my 100th blog (yep, really - time flies) with a Feldschlosschen Beer....or two!

After the BBQ I was back on the competitive challenge with Alec, I couldn't lose at garden Badminton could I?  Oh yes I could.......

No comments:

Post a Comment