Friday 15 August 2014

Day 107 - Day at the movies!

Paris today has been like the set of a medley of movies!

As I wandered back from the creperie last night I saw a poster for a Star Wars exhibition, I couldn't let this opportunity pass!

It was a long metro ride but well worth it, and as the weather was miserable best to be inside!  It had artefacts from the movies - models, outfits, replica space crafts and sketches of how George Lucas got to the final characters appearances!  Some of the sketches were fascinating as the characters could have turned out completely different. Jabba the hut was almost a human pirate, so glad the slug made it! 


It was an interactive exhibition, so you had to answer 10 "Star Wars" questions to make your very own character....my crazy messed up creation was "Gary the Twi'Lek!!

Back on the metro for part two of my movie themed day, a brunch date with Amelie!  Funny little place, nice to see it after I watched the movie a few weeks ago. Lots of Amelie pictures and memorabilia dotted around the place, I also had a wee in the infamous bathroom....and the nicest croissant yet! 

From there I just wandered the Montmatre area for the majority of the day, which I love! I have to give BBC weather props, they said rain until 11 and then sunshine.....spot on!

Around the Sacre Coeur continuing my film themed day I saw the Addams family having photos taken and a Bend it like Beckham moment....

I am cool about travelling on my own and it doesn't faze me in the slightest but today I had a 15 minute wobble.....went into a restaurant, and asked for a table for 1. You would have thought from their reaction I had lepracy!  Reluctantly the miserable waitress ushered me over and told me to sit with a young couple, the look on their face wasn't welcoming. So I asked to sit somewhere else, on one of the many spare tables....but no, I was moaned at in French by an obnoxious waiter carrying snails!  So I left....

At the next restaurant I politely asked to look at a menu in English and the waiter said with venom "You say Bonjour"!  So I left....


Feeling a tad fed up I tried another establishment, third time lucky!  They were nice, hooray! Steak and chips and happy hour....I'm fine again!

On the way back to the hotel I wandered across the Seine at sunset and ended up ticking off one of my cafés from the "to do" list - Cafe De Flore. It was really atmospheric and I sat outside watching the people coming and going on the Boulevard St. Germain, with a nice glass of red!  And I got free crisps...not curly fries though!

The Lone Ranger signing off!

No comments:

Post a Comment