Saturday 16 August 2014

Day 108 - Street Art & Seine

Street art tour today! And next to the meeting point was another of my cafés on the list - Cafe Charbon. And guess what, it was closed for the summer break!  But opposite was the quaint, jazz playing Chez Justine - it was perfect! Even came with its own baby rat, which whizzed past my table...love it!

So I rocked up at the meeting point just before 11 and met the skateboard wielding guide Antoine!  I was convinced that the group would be small but alas another 28 people turned up.....groan! We had to wait for some Germans who were running late.....leave them behind (I was chanting inside).

The tour was great however and the confirmation said it would last approximately 3 hours.....it lasted 4!! Antoine was brilliant and his knowledge and enthusiasm were first class! 

We saw loads of grafitti and street art and learnt names of artists, techniques and history behind the street art scene.....my favourite piece by "Alex" below, stunning!


After the street art, I thought it best to do the sights so I headed for Notre Dame! Blimey it was busy, but I do love the padlock bridge so had a quick look before I swiftly departed and wandered all the way along the Seine to the Eiffel Tower.  A lovely walk on a beautiful day.


Once back at the hotel (6.30pm) it hit me that I hadn't eaten since Chez Justine's croissant at 10!  No wonder I was flagging.....but at 7pm I had my reservation at TripAdvisor's number 3 restaurant in the whole of Paris.  I'm gonna keep you waiting for my gastronomy review :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment