Monday 18 August 2014

Day 110 - Bistrotters!

Here is the Bistrotters review!  I know you have been waiting with baited breath!

www.bistrotters.com

By chance I found this gem of a restaurant on Tripadvisor, I went to the map feature and looked for a restaurant near my hotel in the Montparnasse area.  This restaurant was two streets away.  

It happened to be the number three restaurant in the whole of Paris, so it had to be experienced....my last night treat!


It wasn't easy to book as tables can only be reserved online 12 days before the day, so I waited for midnight and as soon as the table reservation opened I was there and grabbed an in demand table! It is somewhere that definitely needs a reservation, as it is quite small and extremely popular!  When I was there so many people were turned away.  

They have two sittings, one at 7 and a later one after 9.  The menu doesn't change that often but the food is delicious, and everything on the menu is so tempting that I would happily go again.  And considering the quality it wasn't a bad price!


So to my menu choices:

Starter - "Calamari and Octopus Stew with Olives and French Fries like hay"

Yes, Solange a course with Olives....I thought of "Olive-gate" in the X-factor queue as I was eating them, and cooked they are actually quite nice :-)

Main - "Beef Fillet, French Fries with Green Pepper & Peppercorns Sauce"

The beef was cooked to perfection...and the chips, wow!

Desert - "French Toast of Brioche, Salted Butter Caramel Sauce & Crispy Chocolate"

Bloody hell it was rich, but soooooo good!

What a culinary treat, got to live a little haven't you!?


No comments:

Post a Comment