Saturday 9 August 2014

Day 101 - Basel, Bâle, Basle or Basilea!

I thought I had brought the sun to Switzerland, but alas no...I awoke to thick grey cloud!!! That wasn't part of my European plan.....also the week's forecast looks bleak, but f*#% you weather I have my mac and my spirits will not be dampened!

So what do we do today with the threat of rain!  The options were a trip to nearby Basle, the city of Lucerne or perhaps a Swiss transport museum....the transport museum had to be deleted from the options sharpish!  Lucerne soon got the chop due to road reports of heavy holiday traffic - so off we headed to Basle!

It would have been nice to see Lucerne and tick off another Swiss city, but Basle is great!  Old heritage streets, fab architecture, lovely cafés and imaginative toilet doors!


So we wandered along the Rhine, went across on the odd little ferries that are attached to a rope and had a delicious savoury crepe thing!

We only had one short downpour so we were able to explore the city for a few hours.  I even spotted several pieces of street art by Invader (tiled art made into space invaders). I'm getting good at this street art lark :-)

Today's montage is a Basle mash-up....a medley of a statue, window, street art and a bicycle.


I finally got a win, just!! 23-21 in the garden badminton!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment