Tuesday 2 September 2014

Day 125 - Cusco

My mind has been traveling today......

Suddenly dawned on me that the #GMT40 trip is next month....cannot believe how quickly it is whizzing round.  By the way #GMT40 is my hash-tag for the "Gary & Melissa Tree/Tiffin 40th birthday trip" - sad I know :-)

As I was investigating San Francisco restaurants and Napa Valley vineyards I suddenly had a thought, two years ago today Melissa and I first saw one of the most magical places in the world - Cusco.  We just loved it, a wonderful city in Peru that you fly into before taking on the mighty Inca Trail.


You need to adjust to the altitude and I have to say we needed a few nights in Cusco to get used to the thin air....walking up hill was tough, but we were assisted by many cups of Coca Leaf tea......naughty but nice, and it certainly hit the spot!!  Our first night over dinner we couldn't stop giggling....our poor waiter!!!

Cusco, is so colourful - the people are lovely and the whole vibe of the place is terrific.  Cobbled streets, ladies with llamas and markets galore....

After our exhausting, invigorating and amazing 4 day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu, we headed back to Cusco to recover - and we were lucky enough to find ourselves in the midst of festival season - the main square full of dancing, music and the most vibrant colours imaginable!


Melissa and I spoke about Cusco recently, and we would love to go back.....if only to have one of Prasada's delicious lentil burgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment