Saturday 20 September 2014

Day 143 - Angel of the Sun

"What did you say? What's the name again? Is she foreign? And why was she called that?"

Solange I bet your ears were burning at 2pm.....?

After work I popped in to see my nan and was telling her about the forthcoming trip to the U S of A.


Bless that woman but her short term memory is not what it was and I had to tell her the America itinerary, guest list and departure date four times in my hour visit :-)  But enthusiatically I mixed up my answers, added new comments and smiled everytime I said Solange........"What did you say? What's the name again? Is she foreign? And why was she called that?"

Next time I go I will advise Nan "Solange was a Frankish shepherdess and a locally-venerated Christian saint, whose cult is restricted to Sainte-Solange, Cher."  And "Solange is pronounced so-LANZH. It is of French and Latin origin, and the meaning of Solange is "solemn, dignified". A fanciful meaning for the name is "angel of the sun"
Also Dalling House please don't suggest to my Nan that she "kick black knob towards door"..... what kind of care home is this, no wonder my Nan has a new lease of life!!!

On a more savoury note here are Nan's companions..... :-)


want a blog challenge!  So tomorrow the photo choice is yours, suggest a topic and add it in the FB comments under this entry and I will choose my favourite and share the photo in tomorrow's blog!  People, keep it clean......

No comments:

Post a Comment