Sunday 28 September 2014

Day 151 - 10 for effort....

....but 3 for performance!

So this morning I ventured to St John's with James for my first squash game since.....school.  When we used to play at school we travelled to those courts in Stonegate which were surrounded by a cow farm......the stench, so I associate squash with the smell of sh!t!!!

Well the sh!t has lingered, my game was frustratingly poor.  The basics are there, the hand/eye co-ordination, the speed.....but that little ball don't bounce and the racket is tiny.....!!


And my funky green and purple racket is ancient, the purple grip was corroding in my hand....by the end I had a blister and purple tinged flesh......nice!  


We played about 7 games, the first was close and James edged it 10-8, which gave me an early boost of confidence!  Then I plummeted into 4 games of miss-hits, air shots and I felt Tree-rage rising.....but tennis friends don't worry I have matured and apart from a few expletives and one leg wack with the racket I was well behaved!!!!!  Honest!


But I loved it, nothing like that competitive edge to get the adrenaline pumping.  So when I'm back from America this is going to be a weekly Sunday morning event!  

But a mental note - "Gary, don't play squash like you play tennis....there are walls," 


No comments:

Post a Comment