Sunday 14 September 2014

Day 137 - Vegetarian & Vegas!

Sorry for the lack of content yesterday but we got carried away with #GMT40 discussions and the "red" party playlist - it was almost midnight when I realised I hadn't blogged!

So my cheeky little bit of text was in relation to Melissa's balloon blowing skills, nothing rude....and shame on you if you thought it was :-)

Rewind 24hrs......

So what to cook for a vegetarian and keep it American themed?  A burger of course....


So my menu was a mash-up of two veggie recipes "bulgar wheat and brazil nut burgers" and "stuffed mushrooms with pistachio pesto and sweet potato wedges".....washed down with Wave Break (a Californian Pinot Grigio) for the ladies and I tried one of my Naked Wines - F. Stephen Miller's Angel Reserve Californian Merlot......it was delicious, and the food wasn't that bad either!

For the four of us (Lindsey, Melissa, Natalie and moi) doing the Californian road trip I delegated areas for people to investigate...I'm in charge of San Fran and Napa (and the vineyards of course), Melissa is our Yosemite, trekking and star-gazing expert!  Lindsey with her epic map is our coastal leader and LA guide.......and Natalie is in charge of Vegas, she even talked through her findings with a PowerPoint presentation!  She is very eager to slip in a Stratosphere rollercoaster visit, and we were all quite keen to go watch Ms Britney Spears lip sync through her show! Vegas is going to be so very Toxic!


4 weeks today we are off......Viva Las Vegas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment