Tuesday 7 October 2014

Day 160 - "I Need A Dollar"....and Whoopi

In the words of the immensely talented Aloe Blacc:

"I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need
hey hey
Well I need a dollar dollar, a dollar is what I need
hey hey"



And by Jove I have more than just one - bring on those roulette tables and cocktails!!!

Today's US of A build up has included sorting out a suitable restaurant reservation in the "Village" part of New York before we join the 41st New York Village Halloween Parade - yep, we are dressing up and joining the parade.  It will be the last night of the trip and why not go out with a bang!?  

You can only join the parade if you dress up - so I believe we have:
  • Harry "Gary" Potter (part 2, gotta use that costume again)
  • She-Ra Harris complete with Ugg boots and leggings - as it will be nippy!!!
  • Little Red Riding Hood aka Lindsey - apples + basket and red cape!!!
  • And Solange the zombie fairy!?
Solange is also packing liquid latex and fake blood - lets just hope she doesn't get searched at the airport...

Not only is Harry "Gary" Potter making his return, but the grand marshal of the parade is the one only "Deloris Van Cartier" - Ms Whoopi Goldberg!!  As there will be thousands of people at the parade I have no idea why I'm excited at this as there is gonna be no chance of seeing Sister Mary Clarence in the flesh!!

What a "thriller"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment