Wednesday 29 October 2014

Day 182 - Hangover, Highline & Halloween

Must admit I awoke to a NYC hangover! That Solange is a "good" influence - Stella, red wine and a Prosecco night cap...just wrong!! 

So a hearty breakie was in order and a pancake, egg and bacon combo at Bubby's High Line helped to revive my fatigued body. 


We then walked the Highline.  A walkway above the streets that used to be an elavated rail line which has been reborn into a fabulous "park" style avenue.  It is a wonderful addition to the city with great views, glimpses of street art (above) and busy railways (below)....


After that I permitted the ladies 35 minutes in Macy's...however they need longer I was informed (yawn) - Friday morning they are on their own!!! 

Solange was in heaven as she found Christmas in Macy's and a shop entirely dedicated to Halloween - totally bonkers!!!!  This afternoon whilst wandering Greenwich we found the Halloween house decoration winner:


Also found my pub...the GMT, so we had to pop in didn't we!!!?


After yesterday's beverage intake and the long day with the flight from Vegas...we are shattered and in our bunks by 21:30!!!

But I wouldn't be Tour Guide Tree if I didn't have a full day planned for the gang tomorrow. Sleep well girls, you'll need it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment