Sunday 12 October 2014

Day 165 - "If you're going to San Francisco....

......be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" Ok Scott McKenzie I might do tomorrow in Haight Ashbury!!!

Beverley was prompt at 9am in her Kellar Kar cab and the four of us headed off to Heathrow Terminal 3 - Melissa even wore her funky cowboy hat!!

After an extremely painless bag drop, we headed to the Serviceair Lounge that Sarah and Emma kindly got for us to start the adventure in style!


The lounge was lovely and we were seated comfortably by 10:30 - but that is too early on a Sunday for a G+T.....so I had a latte and bowl of muesli with bran flakes!  But a certain Ms Tiffin was eager for a pre-flight tipple so at 11:00 we hit the bar.....and I mixed up some very tasty G+T's for us! 🍸🍸🍸

After a slight delay we boarded VS19 and the seats we had were fab - 2 seats on their own at the back of the plane, I sat with Lindsey with double trouble sat behind.  I was so excited to see the choice of movies and settled down to watch back to back blockbusters for 12 hours....or so I thought!

Our seats were great but our TV's were sh!t, watched half of the new Spider-Man movie and then the TV died for the rest of the flight....people that know me very well are probably thinking the poor cabin crew!!  But I was actually extremely calm, but Mr Branson will receive an email of complaint tonight!!!  Hopefully prompting some sort of upgrade on the flight home!  Worth a try....

I spent much of the flight looking out the window and it was stunning!!! Fab cloud formations, mountains and winding rivers. 


The descent into San Francisco was amazing (one of the best I have experienced) and seeing the Golden Gate Bridge from above was a treat, especially as the weather was so clear - gutted that I had to turn my devices off....so no photo 😠

Ok it's 21:15....like 6am UK time!  I cannot type anything else!  Goodnight or good morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment