Monday 13 October 2014

Day 166 - What a day!!!

Last night was hilarious, we went for dinner at Albona - a nice little Italian a block away from the hotel.  One by one we went into post flight zombie mode - Melissa couldn't form a sentence, Lindsey nearly dozed off in her risotto and Natalie went quiet (that never happens).....I was like you bunch of lightweights.....and then once I had my peroni I joined them in the spaced out zone!


So the San Remo Hotel - quaint, quirky and the interesting shared bathroomsand toilets! We did know this so I am not blaming tour operator Punter.  It's like a colonial halls of residence! Being a bit old school it is also a tad noisy, with every door opening and floorboard creaking enhanced ten fold.....so lasts nights sleep patterns were extremely disjointed. 

Woke up at 02:30 wide awake but drifted into various states of doziness until the 05:30 trash cart noisily entered the alley below our window - which was wide open as our ancient relic of a fan doesn't seem to have much umph!

So it's 07:40 and I'm ready for breakfast at the Hollywood Cafe!


....now 21:00 and I'm shattered!!!!  Brief summary:

The "Vivian Leigh" breakfast was epic and huge - scrambled eggs and bacon in a crossaint with enough fruit for a small family!!!

Then we saw Lombard Street, rode a cable car, diced with death in the ghetto, had the best milkshake in a cool dinner, a superb three hour street art tour, walk round Haight Ashbury and then a drink in the characterful Vesuvio!


Best quotes of the day - 

Melissa "I wasn't going to tip him so I gave him a hug"
Me "I can feel we have been gone for 12 hours as I have inner thigh friction burn"
All of us "Yeah, not that hungry could head off to bed".....bottle of wine and a pasta dinner later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment