Tuesday 28 October 2014

Day 180 - I found Treebeard!

Awoke to the feeling that my steak / half a cow dinner from last night had been resurrected in my stomach and had commenced grazing!!! So our farewell group brekkie consisted of just a large coffee for me!!!!  

The Grinhams, Horrills and Punter-Stones have bid Vegas farewell for some R&R before heading back to the UK. So the remaining four decided to explore the Strip's glitz and tat!! 

Firstly we entered the classy Bellagio in search of the Halloween display, where I met a talking tree - here is a photo with one of my kin and a photo bombing Chavis!  Adam Piper I found Treebeard!!


We then continued our exploration of the overtop grandeur with Caesars Palace.  Who would have thought Matt Goss would have his own show on Cleopatra's barge!!?? "When will I,will I be famous?"  Well Matt, probably around 2014!!!!


We then left the glitz behind in search of the cheap shops...we wanted yet another tacky fridge magnet and 4 t-shirts for $10. But first we went into Circus Circus, a tad rough but we did win a bag of sweets. 


So after the utter crap present purchasing (sorry people!!) we headed back to the Paris for some pool time!!!  Those few hours on that lounger were well needed...bliss!


After packing we headed out for our final night on the Las Vegas Strip! Which included a Mexican Happy Hour drink and meal deal and losing $50 dollars on the MGM roulette table - 27 was coming up all day in the other hotels!  


Then Natalie persuaded Solange and a reluctant Tree to board the New York New York rollercoaster - oh my god, why do people enjoy being violently shaken around and whizzed upside down?  Solange and myself were traumatised!!

We headed back to Paris for a final bottle of Prosecco with the best waitress in Vegas - Dana!!  She has worked at Paris for 15 years - an absolute delight!! 
 

Bed is calling as alarm is going off at 4 for the final leg of #GMT40...NYC!  "Start spreading the news...."

No comments:

Post a Comment