Tuesday 3 June 2014

Day 35 - Street Art

Over the past few years I have really grown fond of street art and I often head up to Brick Lane to have a wander round and see what's new on the art scene! Some people still take the view that it is Graffiti but take a look at the quality of the artistry and most of the art really enhances an otherwise bland and derelict wall!  

For my birthday last year Richard and Darren bought me a street art cycle tour, which was great - and this really gave me the bug and I have now started to recognise particular artists such as Banksy, Otto Schade and Fanakapan to name just a few. 

The four pieces of art below are from Brighton, which I spotted while we were on the Punter-Stone's Civil Ceremony Celebration.  Poor Lindsey, think I bored her slightly when I spotted the art and started trying to explain techniques and ways the artists promote their work....she is a good friend and genuinely sounded interested....inside was probably a different story!  #bored #yawn


Even Tunny has a few bits of street art, the piece below can be found on Camden Road. 


If anyone fancies heading up to London and wandering round looking for street art just let me know, always up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment