Sunday 29 June 2014

Day 60 - Sun & Showers!

Woke up, no plans - so as the sun was shining I packed my man bag, camera and my three i-items and headed to the capital. 

Bumped into Dicky Dent on the station platform and joined him and his girlfriend Meredith for the journey to London Bridge - nice to have a catch up. They were off to see Mr Superstition himself Stevie Wonder in Clapham Common - "Signed, Sealed, Delivered.......I'm yours!!!"

So at London Bridge I set off with no real agenda and just wandered - after crossing London Bridge, walking through Leadenhall Market and passing Liverpool Street Station I found myself on the outskirts of Brick Lane!

So time for a bit of street art catch up and see if any new pieces of art had sprung up.....oh my god turned the corner and there was KYLIE......


With street art it changes so frequently as businesses repaint their walls and other artists paint over the other artists work.....so it is a constantly changing art gallery. There was so many amazing new pieces today, so much change!

After a few hours of wandering I needed a coffee and sandwich and stopped in a lovely place called the Vintage Bean Cafe, fab latte and the cheese and ham panini was delicious. 


I entered the cafe with gorgeous sunshine and left to drizzle....that wasn't part of the plan!  So I left Brick Lane behind and headed back to London Bridge via Tower Bridge and a beer in All Bar One (had to shelter from the rain, didn't I!?)

By the time I boarded the train back to Tunny the heavens opened, I hope the rain wasn't that heavy in Clapham for Richard, Meredith and Mr Wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment