Saturday 28 June 2014

Day 59 - Friday Night Fracture

Ok, so what happened last night.....

Firstly, oh Hilary, I'm sorry - whoever thought up the FNC skateboarding event hang your head in shame....oh it was me!

So with seven boards off we headed to the skateboarding park with our very own pro Martin, that poor bloke had no idea what was ahead of him.

Our arrival prompted quizzical looks from the youths and the air had a strange scent....if you get my drift!?


So with trepidation we climbed onto our boards and started the challenge...it was fun but quite scary!  I kept thinking one false move and that's it...

Mrs Piper would be proud as my improved core helped me balance on that wobbly piece of equipment, and at one stage I went slightly faster than a snail!

But as my photo shows some of the FNC  ripped off skin, drew blood and we even had a fracture....after about 30 minutes poor Martin asked to call it day! He was scared, the FNC have that effect on people!!

So we retired to the park, left the sk8er bois to it and finished our drinks in the setting sun.  This is when the fun part started and we used the path to go bum boarding, which was much safer and very entertaining!

But don't worry FNCers no more dangerous sport evenings I promise. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment