Sunday 15 June 2014

Day 46 - Tears & Tennis

Right, where was the bloody sun today? My day at Eastbourne tennis with Anne and Lindsey was meant to be a tennis viewing experience while catching a few rays!  Cloud, grey and chilly.....

The sun appeared at 2pm, excitedly I re-applied my sun cream.....the sun lasted 10 minutes but my streaming eye from a rogue bit of cream lasted 4 hours!  All afternoon it looked like I was emotional, a watery right eye....love my tennis but not enough to cry over!  On reflection I have been close on the court a few times when my forehand was going awry!

Tennis was good a three set battle in the ladies, a one sided mens and an exhibition match in memory of Elena Baltacha.  In a past blog I mentioned her sad passing at the beginning of May, she died of liver cancer aged 30 and this match was to raise money for her charity and tennis academy. 

Rally For Bally!!!!


Three exhibition matches were held today in her honour at the three tennis events in the UK featuring present and past players.  The one at Eastbourne was really entertaining with Rusedski, Fleming, Kvitova and Radwanska embracing the event for it was, light hearted fun!!  The match raised over a grand, nice to be part of a moment like that.

So the grass court season is well and truly underway....next stop on the tennis calender Wimbledon.  Next Monday if the weather is good do I jump on that horrendously early train and join the queue....watch this blog to find out!



No comments:

Post a Comment