Sunday 22 June 2014

Day 53 - Gourmet Gary and his Treemendous Treats!!

I really love cooking and it is something I don't get chance to do enough.  Would love to strut myself in the kitchen more - nothing better than grinding spices, frying onions and the popping of mustard seeds.

So last nights cooking for my covern was a joy, four dishes influenced by the country of my heart...India.  Rick Stein's Chicken Passanda, a mushroom balti, asparagus and spinach thoran and lemon rice.  

It was a slightly stressful cooking experience and even though I melted a plastic spoon and completely f*cked up my wok, the food was tasty according to my witches - Alexandra, Jane and Sukie.


I am not a pudding person and misread the instructions on how to use gelatine and put in way to less and after five hours it hadn't set.....anyway I tried to do a last minute bodge job which didn't work!  Thankfully I had some of my infamous tea loaf to hand which did the dessert job and when I awoke this morning that bloody blueberry and raspberry elderflower cordial delight was set.....anyone peckish, I have plenty......


No comments:

Post a Comment