Tuesday 2 December 2014

Day 216 - Twinkle Toes & Snake Hips

This morning at work was hilarious, we had an engineer fixing the printer and he sounded exactly like Stevi Richie from X-factor - so much in fact that I was expecting the Xerox engineer to burst into a performance of "Music of the Night".....thankfully he didn't as his loud penetrating voice was bad enough!!

So if you were at all interested in what I got up to last night, the Len Goodman mask was a clue that I was going Ballroom dancing!!


Last Thursday at body balance I had mentioned to Caroline that I fancied heading back onto the dance floor and she was so keen that later that night she messaged me details of a dance school - Kallen Dance at Bells Yew Green village hall.

At 20:30 we entered the hall (after taking a detour to Frant Village Hall, wrong place....but its always nice to take the scenic route!!!).  I must admit I entered slightly nervously.  The nerves were quickly erased with the genuinely warm welcome of the group of dancers - and Keith (the teacher) and his assistant Jemima, took us under their wing and we were soon being given almost 1 to1 tuition!!

So as the more experienced dancers whizzed across the floor with ease, we were shown basic steps for not just one dance but four!!!  Started with the Waltz, then speeded up to the Quick Step and Cha Cha Cha and we also had a go at the Tango - slow, slow, slow, fast, fast, slow!!


So excited to have a go at the Tango, I'm hoping that in a few weeks (months) we will look like Flavia & Vincent and not John Sergeant & Judy Murray!!  Sorry Caroline I meant John Sergeant and Kristina Rihanoff :-)

I got home and my head was awash with moves, sequences......actually not really, I had forgotton it all - but we are heading back next week and hopefully by the end of week two I will be able to take my eyes off my feet and look up......

Keep Dancing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment