Monday 29 December 2014

Day 243 - Burwash, Billy & Bogs!!

On a brisk frosty morning myself, "Auntie" Norma and Melissa headed to Burwash for a 6 miler wander around the surrounding countryside!!

But as I was putting my walking boots on in the carpark some dopey old bloke parked so close to me and attempted to open his door....I had to shout "don't even think about it", he added "bit tight isn't it"...anyway he reversed and parked equally as bad, but managed to get out without scarring my car!

Off we went and what a stunning walk -we had Batemans:


Norma and her friendly mate Billy:


Stunning scenery, remote cottages, deer and a few obstacles!!

Lots of icy waterlogged fields - but we discovered running like crazy loons through them worked better than strategicly placed footsteps!  Made for interesting viewing!  We also had to make a difficult decision, step over an electric fence or retrace our steps!!? The ladies were tempted to give it a try but there was no way I was going to frazzle my balls!


Oh yeah, and randomly we came across a skeleton...and some amazing moss covered roots!!! 


Got home a tad drained from sliding in mud and sat down with "White Christmas"....no spoilers please as got half hour to go!!

The day ended with a catch up with Lindsey, Savignon Blanc and Tempranillo at the Town House. Lovely end to a fab day!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment