Saturday 12 July 2014

Day 73 - Depth & Death!!!

Just in from a great day of photography, food and fun in London!  Knackered, but still a smidgen of energy left to do my blog!

Woke up and pulled back the curtains to see a grey morning, not ideal for our photo day in London. Do I pack my anorak, or risk it....?  Feeling brave I opted for my jumper and cap and with my newly acquired bag (hand me down from the departed boys) I headed off to High Brooms station!   Thankfully got to London, clouds dispersed and we had a corker of a day!

I met the crew at the station and off we went to the big city.  On arrival in London, we wandered with a very welcome coffee to Freemason's Hall to meet our photographer, historian and all round good guy Simon. 

This is our fourth (I think!?) walk with Simon, and they are so enjoyable - as well as being knowledgeable on photography and history he is very importantly great company and appreciates that we are a tad loopy!  So anyone out there wanting a fun walk/photo day in London book a day with Simon.  http://www.simongregorphoto.com. 

So our morning session's theme was depth....so photographs with an interesting depth of field - these were taken in the Holburn and Bloomsbury area. We nearly lost a few of the ladies (actually all of them) as we passed some inviting Italian cake shops....but they resisted temptation!

Just before lunch we walked past a great vintage shop, and I wondered if I would look good in this type of Great Gatsby attire???


We had lunch at the Plough near the British Museum and after that interval the afternoon session began.....Death!

Don't panic, we are all back in one piece but we headed for Kensal Green Cemetary for a photographic experience amongst the headstones and impressive crypts (one below).  It was so interesting, we had a brief talk by one of the volunteers and then we wandered in this fascinating place for a few hours....finishing with tea and biscuits in the chapel.


The day ended with a meal in Soho.....details tomorrow as eyelids getting heavy! Night....

No comments:

Post a Comment