Sunday 20 July 2014

Day 81 - Books, Bexhill and Besties!

I am now an expert in children's books!  Some are great, some are entertaining and others just baffle me....

Last night I read a goodnight story to Harry, and this morning I enthusiastically read several more!  You can't beat a bit of a Peppa Pig, but Dr Seuss's "Green Eggs and Ham" is straight out of the loony bin!!

"I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-Am.” 

But I must say I did enjoy "The smartest giant in town".......

"My tie is a scarf for a cold giraffe, 
My shirt's on a boat as a sail for a goat,
But look me up and down - 
I'm the smartest giant in town."

It was lovely spending time with the Hellingly crew, always great catching up with my oldest friend, the Pilates Princess, delightful Harry and "it's raining men" Kath!

Before our evening of Chinese, G+T's, Bridesmaids and good old banter we headed to Bexhill for a bit of beach time!


Bexhill is usually a quiet area but we were suddenly launched into a 1920's shindig....with a fun fair (which Harry loved), a fly over from some vintage planes and an open air dance floor.....Kath, nearly had me donned in sequins and lycra and whizzing her round to the Jive!  


Here is a Bexhill montage.....




No comments:

Post a Comment