Saturday 7 March 2015

Day 311 - C2C Day 1

I'm up and raring to go.....I look sort of country - ripped jeans, big buckled belt, boots, C2C t-shirt.....just missing the Stetson!!!!


No better way to start the C2C weekend than with a catch up with the Trees in our "local" - I strayed from the usual bacon baguette, and splashed out on the very tasty Cote French breakfast.  I have to set myself up for the day don't I?


So I checked into the Strand Palace, my room is bijou.....but comfortable!  So dumped my stuff and headed for Nashville.....on arrival I went to the Indigo and listed to Sam Palladio talk about how a guy from Penzance got a part in the successful Nashville series (he plays Gunnar, if you watch it!). Very interesting and he did a couple of acoustic tracks!!  An entertaining guy!

Then I whizzed to the Town Square stage and caught the end of The Shire's set, but I will see them tomorrow!  In this area there were lots of stalls and I saw a Ganesh belt buckle....love, maybe a purchase tomorrow!!!  After a C2C Iced Tea (don't worry it had vodka) I headed to the Music Mile Stage and saw some new kids on the country block....Sam Hunt and Callaghan.  The reason I went to see Callaghan is she commented this morning on my Stetson photo on Instagram...her words "This is brilliant"....so I quickly listened to a few of her tracks, liked them and here I am.  Afterwards I tweeted the photo below top left and she tweeted back....I'm a groupie!!!! 

I was getting peckish so I enjoyed a pulled pork bap while listening to the fab Honey Ryder (below, top right)....blast from the past as they supported Adele a few years back at the Albert Hall....still excellent, reignited my appreciation!


Then it was beer time and the arena....first on was the superb Brandy Clark, she opened with the fantastic, tongue in cheek "Stripes"....such a great country song, she can't kill her bloke as she hates orange and can't do stripes!!!!

Tree rage almost raised its head as two annoying drunk teenagers close to me were overly vocal and we're just down right irritating.....forward on to the final act and they were quiet, thankfully they couldn't take the booze and had dozed off....youngsters these days!

Lee Ann Womack was next on and has a stunning voice, but I hate to say it but quite forgettable songs apart from Wayfarer's daughter, I hope you dance and some song about the devil by the side of the road.


Then for the headliners!!!

Florida Georgia Line, FGL as I call them, fecking awesome, very much rocky country and they know how to perform....summed up in one of  their songs - "this is how we roll".  Definitely not your vintage country and the oldies left in droves, but I loved them, a fan!!

I'm also a huge fan of the final act - the brilliant Luke Bryan, what other country act can mash up one of their own tunes with Taio Cruz's Dynamite?  When Luke sang "Play It Again" I have never heard a crowd sing and erupt in so much excitement!!  

What a wicked experience.....still thinking about that Ganesh buckle though!!


Back at the hotel for a gin and Rosemary nightcap, night y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment