Sunday 8 March 2015

Day 312 - C2C Day 2

Couldn't get out of bed....and not overally hungry as I downed chicken satay at 1am...I did need something to accompany my large goblet of gin!!


But as it's "Lady A" day at C2C I dragged my weary country ass out of bed and went in search of a light breakfast!!!  The weather was fab so I plonked myself down outside at a sunny coffee shop - and devoured a croissant and latte!!

Then I had a little wander round Covent Garden and Traf Sq!
 

And what a nice surprise - an unexpected pre-C2C catch up with the lovely Emma & John!  On Saturday night while I was Yehar-ing at the O2, Emma was at a medieval banquet......!!!!


Then to the O2...I had my music itinerary all planned and it went very smoothly and I enjoyed fab acoustic sets by Jon Randall & Jessi Alexander, Honey Ryder and Callaghan!  I really enjoyed the wonderful vocals of Jon & Jessi, they are also extremely talented songwriters having written many hits for the big stars and Jessi wrote "The Climb"!!


Then to the main arena and I won't lie the boys didn't deliver like the acts on Saturday night!

Kit Moore was good, but Brantley Gilbert - what a load of loud noise...I wouldn't class him as country more shouty rock and the bass just ricocheyed around my eardrums!  I had vowed to have a beer free afternoon, but he forced me to leave the arena for a pint!!

Then it was time for Jason Aldean - great vocally, but for me just lacked that wow factor!


But today they definitely left the best for last...Lady A - oh my goodness, how good are they!  Vocals spot on, great stage presence and they closed the festival with the wonderful "Need You Now" and Avicii's "Wake Me Up"...immense, and that's it!!! C2C thanks, it's been epic.  See you next year!

Oh the joy of the long journey home, thanks British Rail....a replacement bus service from Sevenoaks!  Just perfect after two fabulously crazy days at C2C, starting to go a bit delirious!! But look who I found......


Night Y'all

No comments:

Post a Comment