Friday 20 March 2015

Day 324 - Totnes to Taunton

My back is OK!!! I must have fallen well, like Madonna but without an Armani cape!!!!

The parents departed Devon and I was dropped in Totnes at 9.  My train wasn't until 12:51 so time for a bit of a wander and a long leisurely brunch!!!!


After a morning call of nature I left the WC and spotted all these people staring at the sky like something out of Independence Day!!! Then I realised the eclipse thing was happening, but I heard my mother's warning "Don't look at it, you'll go blind"...after a quick peak, don't tell Eileen I found shelter in the Dartmouth Inn - £5:95 breakfast buffet....result!!!!

Totnes is Ok, bit blah...my best picture is of a door knocker, but what a beauty!


The train only took an hour and I had a few hours until meeting my friends - Taunton has lots of churches, shops, heritage buildings and people obviously as mad as a box of frogs....Meerkat Madness!!!

 
To be continued......

No comments:

Post a Comment