Wednesday 18 March 2015

Day 322 - Bolt Tail to Bolt Head & Bitter!

At 9:15 I was dumped at Hope Cove for my hike from Bolt Tail to Bolt Head and then continue back to Salcombe.


Even though the sun was out and not a cloud in the sky the coastal wind was very strong, and at one stage so strong that it blew my cap off....luckily not down some cliffs, but I did have to chase it down a coastal path!!

I have done this walk several times over the years and it reminds me of nostalgic family holidays......I always remember losing my coin pendant at Soar Mill Cove when I was 14 - weirdly I did look for it today!!!  Just in case, you never know....alas it didn't magically appear, but look at the horns on this:


Just after my dad's favourite spot Soar Mill Cove, I looked back and saw something dark in the water - too far away to see what it was!! Maybe a dolphin or shark...or probably me just seeing things!!


By now I was needing my coffee, it was 11:45 after all and I had seen online a walker's hut serving drinks...it took awhile to find it but when I did it was very unique!  Situated in a barn and it was self service with a honesty box, there's not many places you could do that now - and my god the carrot cake was absolutely delicious!!!


After this I headed back to the trail and by 2:15 I was back at the cottage enjoying tea (and a scone!!). 

The week is now flying by and we had our final dinner out - at the local pub "The Victoria Inn"....great Seabass and the local bitter was very mourish!  Yes I did say bitter....


Have I turned to the bitter side? 

No comments:

Post a Comment