Monday 9 March 2015

Day 313 - Nashville Grey Skies

"You are a cowboy and a warrior Gary Tree" 

This was a quote from a dear friend when I emailed her to say I was almost asleep at my desk due to my frantic weekend....love it, a cowboy warrior!!!  YEHAR.....

Alas I never returned with my Ganesh belt buckle - it was £35 with no belt included! Sod that.....

I have to congratulate The Shires who made history yesterday by making the Top 10 of the UK album chart - the first UK country act ever to break into the Top 10.  Well deserved it is an amazing album, and they are hugely talented with great harmonies and catchy tunes. 

Last night after I had to flee the arena due to Brantley "Deafening Dribble" Gilbert's noise, I almost missed The Shires!!  I hadn't looked at the schedule and thought they came on later, but as soon as Brantley left the main stage they appeared on the satellite stage!! Luckily I was just re-entering with my pint of Stella when I heard my new favourite song:

"Can build our own Nashville
Underneath these grey skies"


So I bashed through the double doors and almost sprinted up the stairs back to my seat, trying not to spill my Stella!!  They only had time to do three songs (unfortunately), Nashville Grey Skies, Friday Night....and the harmonies on Statelines gave me my first C2C goosebumps!!!  After their too short set Crissie & Ben were given champagne on stage to celebrate their album being number 10 in the charts!!!

Get ready UK the country invasion has begun!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment