Thursday 19 March 2015

Day 323 - The Salcombe Finale!!

After yesterday's 5 hour trek I won't lie my aging legs were a little weary - and looking out the bedroom window to a grey sky didn't inspire me to do another walk.....but Tree senior had other ideas!

So by 9:30 we arrived at Noss Mayo, a lovely estuary village....but seriously could it have been any colder?? And why did I think shorts were a good idea!!??


So we started to ascend the cliff path when I had a cunning plan to keep warm, walk along the sheltered cove....so leaving the parents to battle the elements I backtracked!

As an animal lover I was trying to avoid a family of periwinkles as I walked down the treacherous slipway!!  In the process I slipped on some seaweed and ended up on my arse with a thud....squashing the poor winkles I was trying to avoid!!  Back is OK at the moment, but I reckon tomorrow morning will be a different story!!


After my dramatic display I thoroughly enjoyed the walk and found a stunning secluded cove, but had to walk back sharpish as I noticed the tide coming in!!


Met up with the folks who had turned back due to the cliff wind, and we were soon in the The Ship Inn for a coffee stop to warm up!!!  Then it was back to Salcombe where Mum announced it was chips O'clock!! Of course I had to help her.  


Then it was packing, followed by an M&S Chinese deal and a bottle of delicious Prosecco to toast a lovely week that I will treasure dearly. 


Goodbye Salcombe you have exceeded yourself, Ma & Pa you haven't been too shoddy either. X 

No comments:

Post a Comment