Sunday 1 March 2015

Day 305 - Heritage!!!!

This afternoon while checking Facebook I came across this photo on the "New Old Tunbridge Wells Photos" page - and who do I spot.....my grandad, Charlie Pronger.  He is the man in the middle row at the far left in the glasses - it was taken many years ago at the High Brooms Working Man's Club.  My grandad loved his dominoes and I can remember that trophy displayed in his cabinet in the lounge....happy days, he was a wonderful man.  At his funeral one man said Charlie was High Brooms, everyone knew him and respected him....he had lived in Colebrook Road all his life and was part of the community and part of High Brooms history.


And this afternoon while dusting my shelves it was nice to look back at some other vintage family shots....and some not so vintage and more laughable......like the Thailand "plate photo" of me - Sarah can you remember that?


Today's blog in the words of Peggy Mitchell is all about FAMLY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment