Friday 13 March 2015

Day 317 - Here we come Salcombe!!!

6:44.  We said 6:45 but as the parents are always early I was outside Jackwood ready.  I was collected and took my seat in the back of the car surrounded by 12 bottles of wine and their tempting alcoholic jangle!!! 

7:17.  Mum got the munches and opened the Welsh Cakes, they were actually quite mourish....but so wrong so early!!!

8:21.  Ok mum I'll have another welsh cake, if I have to.....I'll force it down. 

8:43.  Latte stop at Cafe Verdi in Midhurst......and then shortly after this followed:


10:05.  Barton Stacey stop and why not attempt the Little Chef's Olympic Breakfast.....it was over the top in size, but I'm a warrior!!!!

13:15.  The next part of the journey took awhile due to traffic build up and some old codger doing 20......grrr!!!  But finally we arrived at the Cider Press!!!  No not a booze stop but a little "gift shop" village!

15:10.  We finally arrived at drizzly Salcombe and checked into our gorgeous   pad...No:1 Combe Haven!


16:53.  A quick wander around Salcombe but as it was raining, the Victoria Inn was the only place to go - after all it was beer O'clock :-)


18:13.  But the Tree men were back to the cottage in time for a bloody delicious Spagetti Bolognese....and a few glasses of vino!!!  

21:20.  Right I'm off to bed - only so much comic relief you can watch!!! Bring back the Vicar of Dibley!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment