Saturday 14 March 2015

Day 318 - Crap, Crevettes & Crab!!!

Firstly I forgot to ask yesterday do you think we have enough booze for the week.....I'm a bit worried we might run out!!?


I knew today was going to be a fab day when Dad got back from his 7am stroll and told us a Seagull had crapped on his head.....after all being splattered in bird poo is good luck isn't it?

And it was, we left the house with blue skies (but a bitter wind!) and headed for Kingsbridge.  We needed to get some provisions for the week....main priority kettle crisps to accompany the wine!  Kingsbridge is an alright kind of town, but I was pleased to get back to sunny Salcombe. 


We hit the Salcombe shops and I found the waistcoat (from Wednesday's blog) in White Stuff....a tad expensive, but sod it - looked good and that was quickly followed by two Fat Face shirts.....right my plastic friends need to be hidden!!!!  After this retail overkill, it was time to visit one of our favourite places - Dick and Wills, a trendy waterfront restaurant/bar for a lunchtime drink!  After this Mum needed some chips, and they were some of the best chips I have ever tasted!!! I was lucky to get any....


Dad headed off for a walk and I accompanied mum back to the cottage....positioned her on the sofa with The Marigold Hotel then went off with my camera for a wander...Salcombe is so scenic, just stunning!!!


After a bit of R&R we headed to the Crab Shed, I was really looking forward to this meal....and I wasn't disappointed.  The decor, staff and food were top notch - dad said it was the best meal he has ever had!!  He had scallops followed by 12 crevettes....I enjoyed crab bisque and the most delicious seabass.....and a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc was only £13!! Great place, only five nights left and we are already trying to fit in another visit before we head back. 


Night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment